A step-by-step journey for social change leaders
to maximize your impact without burning out.
A framework for making a sustainable, life-giving contribution to your cause and unleashing the very best that you and everyone on your team has to offer.
They say hindsight is 20/20, but let’s be honest: nobody saw 2020 coming.We will be adapting and adjusting to the global ctl-alt-del we are experiencing for years to come
And yet, in the midst of all the tragedy, fear of the unknown, and awakening, a huge opening was created for leaders and organizations all over the world to put business as usual under a microscope.
Right now there’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to revisit your assumptions around the way things “should be” when it comes to your relationship with your work. This is your chance to let go of so-so and step fully into your genius.
Does this sound familar?
... a massive infusion of grant money so they could hire more people (allowing you to focus on what you’re good at and delegate the rest)?
... to be appreciated for your contributions at work (an award would be nice, but a sincere “thank you” would be even better)?
... someone to magically add four more hours to every day (those reports aren’t going to write themselves)?
... the life-changing work of your organization to get done and get done well (no more looking over everyones’ shoulders to make sure they’re doing their best)?
... a vacation (or maybe just 8 solid hours of uninterrupted, worry-free sleep)?... a vacation.
The social change leader’s “woo woo can of whoop ass”
“Woo woo can of whoop ass?” That’s right, I’m Becky, the social change leadership whisperer, and I will not tolerate you playing small. I’m here to help you make your big dent in the Universe and to remind you to be true and good to yourself along the way.
As the Co-Founder of The Billions Institute, I train leaders from every nook and cranny of the social sector how to spread and scale their solutions to some of the world’s most vexing problems, while not losing themselves along the way. Knowing and living in your genius is an essential part of making progress in the world.
While I am a middle-aged “Boo” to two kids and a cat named Sneakers, I’m also *that person* who says out loud what everyone else is thinking (until my wife kicks my shins underneath the table). So be prepared for honest feedback on your journey to stepping into your genius.
!FULL DISCLOSURE - READ THIS FIRST!
I might be a social change leadership whisperer now, but it wasn’t always this way.
Much like you, I spent years - decades - of my life - believing that the only way I could get ahead was to say “yes” to anything and everything that I was asked to do, regardless of whether or not I was any good at it at all.
I have a lengthy track record of...
... taking one for the team.
... biting off more than I could chew.
... over-committing, deferring vacations
...skipping meals and missing family celebrations.
... growing resentful.
... believing I couldn’t possibly get paid to do what I love.
... hoping nobody would notice when I sucked at something, and feeling deeply wounded when someone, inevitably, noticed.
But my life changed when I learned about genius from Gay & Kathlyn Hendricks back in 2012.
I gradually let go doing things that I wasn’t good at doing in the first place. This might sound privileged or easy, but let me tell you - it was hard to do until I learned how to de-couple my self-worth and my false beliefs about the flow of money from the pervasive myth that work should be hard.
You know that myth all too well...
... Not sacrificing in some way? You’re not sufficiently committed to your work.
... It’s virtuous to be extremely busy? Yep. As Rupaul say’s “You better work…”
... In the social benefit sectors? Actually making money? Ha! No. You’re supposed to sacrifice for the greater good.
... Work is fun? N-O. That’s why it’s called “work.
... Bring your full self to work and showcase your personality? Nope. It’s not safe or acceptable.
By letting go of these false beliefs - and of my own areas of incompetence, I began to create the space in my life to tune more deeply into my genius.
Genius was what I loved doing, which had tremendous impact, and didn't even feel like work to me. At first I felt guilty because I was still unwinding the “work should be hard” myth. And yet, over the years, I have opened up more and more to pinpointing and expressing and contributing from what I understand to be my genius, and I am so glad I had the courage to take this journey.
The first time I made a commitment to live in my genius - and I remember the exact moment I did this - I committed to living in my genius at least 50% of the time. Once I made that commitment - and returned to it again and again - my entire life changed way for the better.
I became my own “woo woo can of whoop ass.
They are formidable change leaders just like you.
They are a force to be reckoned with in every aspect of their lives. Movers and shakers of the highest order.
And you’d never know they had these inner doubts from the outside looking in.
The same way you somehow manage to hold it all together, they know how to cope, too.
Here’s the thing, though. I’m not interested in supporting you in surviving. You’re doing that perfectly fine on your own. I am interested in supporting you in thriving.
So that you can bring the very best of yourself - and everyone around you - to your contributions to make the world a better place.
In a way that is sustainable - dare I suggest - rejuvenating and life-enhancing - for you, the giver.
To do that you need to step unapologetically into your genius.
Helping you do is my personal mission.
This course will challenge you to face into everything that is holding you back or burning you out as a social change leader. But you won’t do it alone. I will be with you every step of the way. We’ll do it together.I'm Ready
Unapologetic Genius will be most helpful if you:
- Work in some way to make the world a better place.
- Are done with feeling burned out.
- Want to discover and express your genius more in the world.
- Are willing to discard some limiting beliefs in your life.
- Are willing to commit to 1 to 2 hours a week for six weeks to integrate and apply what we’re going to teach you.
- Are open to receiving coaching and mentorship.
- Are willing to experience these life-changing lessons with a group of like-minded and like-hearted people.
- Understand that this won’t happen overnight, but that you can begin now.
Oh, and what you really want is to:
- Generate and enjoy plenty of time and money to do the things that matter most to you.
- Serve your family, your community, your organization in such a way that they get the very best you have to offer on your terms.
- Bring out the best in your colleagues so that they can show up in their genius, too.
- Enjoy the confidence that comes from knowing that you are contributing in a way that is fully aligned with your own talents and passions.
- Be seen, valued, and appreciated for who you are in your core, without taking on any additional responsibilities to please others.
Here’s what you’re getting when you enroll today:
Unapologetic Genius begins the day you register.
You will receive a link to complete a 20 minute EEOC compliant assessment called the Kolbe A™, then invited to schedule an individual genius coaching session ($300 value) with Nancy Stubbs.
Nancy coaches our staff, faculty, and all of the fellows at the Billions Institute on their genius and we’re delighted to be able to connect you with her.
She has assessed nearly 1,600 people and has coached over 500 leaders in the last 5 years using conation as a foundational exploration of genius. You will be able to put what you learn through this assessment and coaching session to use immediately.
In early October, we will release the first module of the course. You may begin working asynchronously.
On October 12th, we will begin our six week live run of the course, with weekly sessions to guide you and support you in integrating and adapting the most helpful lessons for getting you into your genius.
We Guarantee You'll See the Benefits and Keep Coming Back for More
If you're not seeing the changes you hope for, reach out and we'll help you through your challenge or make it right.
Still not happy? Show us that you've done the work within the first 14 days of the course start date in October and we will gladly give you a full refund minus the costs of the Kolbe Assessment and session with Nancy Stubbs.
Ultimately, I want this course to help you and here is how:
- Identify the sources of burnout in your life and eliminate them entirely.
- Discover and claim, without hesitation, your genius - own it!
- Gain clarity about your “not-so-genius” areas and do less and less from that place.
- Release any false beliefs you have about “work” what you have to do to get ahead.
- Not only bring out your own genius, but create the space and conditions for others on your team to do so as well.
For this to change your life, I encourage you to consider the following:
- You have the answers inside of you. All we’re going to do is ask better questions.
- You have the courage to change your life for the better. All we’re going to do is give you a gentle nudge every now and then.
- You have within you everything you need to fulfill your purpose and make your big dent in the Universe. All we’re going to do is hold the space for you to decide when, where, and how you’re gonna do just that.
Trust us when we tell you:
- Your work will be far more effective and have greater impact.
- Your life will be more spacious and joyful.
- You do have genius - there is nobody in the world who doesn’t have genius!
- Your organization deserves the benefit of you investing this time in your own development.
- You deserve it, too.
Frequently Asked Questions
What some of our most committed social change leaders have asked before enrolling:
What if I’ve already completed a Kolbe A assessment?
What if I don’t want to do the Kolbe Assessment?
What if I’ve done strengths finder or some other assessment?
What if I need more coaching after the course?
What if my organization is paying for me?
What do I do between now and October?
If you’re seeking permission to invest in your growth and professional development, to build your capacity to contribute in your genius, that is something only you can give to yourself.
We would LOVE to see you in this course, if it’s what you want and need at this time in your life right now.
We are not interested in tweaking your scarcity any further than it’s already tweaked. When you’re ready, we will be here. If not now, maybe next year!
So if you are ready, I look forward to seeing you in this course and helping you get started right away.